Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Week Without Cakes

For the first time in a really time, Karren did not have a cake to do. It was really, really nice to be able to get some things done. Karren spent time with some friends, lots of time with Sonya, got her hair cut, made dinner every night (without buying anything), and went on a nice long bike ride with Robin Barker. I was a little nervous this week for my job. Intel released their earnings on Thursday, and we knew they weren't going to be good. In this economy, many of my co-workers (including me) feared the worst. Thankfully, I now know that I will keep my job without any salary cuts. They cut our stock partication plan from 10% to 5% and I won't get a raise this year, but that is the worst it got. I am feeling very thankful for being employed by such a stable company. We are still planning on building up our savings though, as the economy could get worse. I was also able to get more done, including spending time with my family and working on removing our tree that fell over in the Christmas snow storm. It still has more work to be done, but I got a lot of it done. We even had a game night last night with the Barkers! I am grateful for weeks like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment