Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flashback: August 31, 2002 - Table Mountain at Grand Teton National Park

Many of you may know that I have become quite obsessed with National Parks recently.  Our family has visited many of them over the past year and a half and I hope to experience much more of our nation's beauty and history. 

Before I knew about the Passport Stamp program, I visited a few parks.  I just ran across these photos of a hike I did up Table Mountain back in August 31, 2002.  I was returning from a summer internship with Intel in Oregon and stopped by my friend's (Rachael's) house on the way back to BYU to start Grad School.

She invited me to do this hike and I wasn't quite prepared.  It consisted of 12 miles and 4150 feet of total climbing.  Since I was just at sea level the day before, this was especially difficult for me, but it was worth it.  It has awesome views of the Tetons and was just gorgeous. 

Here were some views on the way up the mountain:


Here are photos of my fellow hikers (Rachael and her family) and me approaching the top:


and sitting on the top:

It was a lot of fun and I will definitely need to go back.  The park has just too much to explore and it is also really close to Yellowstone National Park of which we still have a lot to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment