Sunday, March 21, 2010

National Parks and Fort Vancouver

First, a note on my new "collection" as Karren calls it. There are currently 392 national parks/monuments/reserves/.... Almost all of them have at least one cancellation stamp (like with US passports). We tend to visit at least 2 or 3 parks a year, so I thought I would start collecting them. I bought a passport book and now have stamps from three parks, Haleakala, Volcanoes, and now Fort Vancouver. The most complete collection of stamps I have found online is here: http://azroadie.esmartweb.com/index.html. It should be a fun way to document our travels.

Sonya and I visited Fort Vancouver which actually is divided into two separate site.

First, we visited the fort in Vancouver and saw the restored monument, cooking demos, blacksmith demos, and various artifacts from the time.


Mostly, we just ran around the park.



As Sonya looked tired, we went to the car and headed towards the second part of the monument, the McLoughlin House in Oregon City. Sonya fell asleep in the car and didn't wake up when we arrived. I took the guided tour through the house with Sonya sleeping soundly on my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment